Excerpt from Ulster Journal of Archaeology, 1908, Vol. 14
A grant of acres was made in 1610 by king James to Domach Mac Suibhne, To hold as of the castle of Dublin in common socage, and subject to the conditions of the plantation of Ulster-legal jargon quite unknown to the Ma... c Suibhne, who had possessed their lands for ages under the old eq'uitable Brehon laws, before Chichester came along with his plantation schemes, and the subsequent centuries of Ulster land confusion and trouble. These acres were then known as Leanagh and Corragh, and were but a small part of their ancient lands of Banagh, which comprised about acres, and Boylagh about acres. It was in Banagh, in the parish of Cill-leacht-oidhche (the church of the stone of the night), that the peninsula now known as St. John's point was situated.
About the Publisher
Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com
This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art technology to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.