This series exposes fluent readers to a variety of genre and text structures to learn to compare and contrast nonfiction and fiction in two parts. The first part is a unique side-by-side format that provides the opportunity to develop multiple reading comprehension strategies and increase fluency.
- Innovative mix of nonfiction and fiction
- Variety of longer, complex sentences
- Full range of punctuation
- Variety of text layouts and print styles
- Full-color Photographs
- Full-color Illustrations
- Fact or Fiction Quiz
- Fact or Fiction Speed Read sectionsThe second part of the book includes three sections: a fun FACT or FICTION Quiz that helps reinforce what is real and not real; FACT and FICTION Speed Read pages which contain text-only versions of each story along with useful word count rulers for fluency practice and assessment; and a Glossary of higher-level vocabulary and concepts.
- Multiple lines of text
- Challenging vocabulary
- Meet state and federal funding criteria
- Correlate with national K-3 language arts standards
- Think-Aloud model for comprehension strategy instruction
- Activities for before, during, and after reading the books
- Vocabulary instruction of multiple meaning utility words
- Differentiated (multilevel) opportunities for students to read, write, listen, and speak
- Ideas for reinforcing word solving, comprehension, ELL vocabulary emphasis, writing and fluency assessments, and graphic organizers
- Size: 8.5 x 11, Pages: 80 $29.95/$20.95 each
Hvis denne bog ikke er noget for dig, kan du benytte kategorierne nedenfor til at finde andre titler. Klik på en kategori for at se lignende bøger.