A guide to making the classic patisserie specialties.
Perfect Patisserie is designed to help ambitious home cooks take the next steps in fancy baking. It provides clear instruction on how to make the components of patisseries, shows how to assemble them, and gives over 100 inspired ways to perfect the gorgeous delights found in Parisian shops.
The book has over 100 ways to perfect patisserie, with fully illustrated tips and advice, and a delicious array of traditional and unique recipes organized into the five classic categories:
1. Macarons (sometimes called French macaroons) are the "supermodels" of the cake world and have become wildly popular in recent years. This section covers the anatomy of a macaron, macaron shells, types of meringue (French, Italian, Swiss), storing and serving, plus recipes that include Creme Brulee Macaron, Jasmine Tea Macaron, and Chocolate Orange Macaron.
2. Choux is the basis of dozens of patisserie creations. This section covers techniques for choux pastry (Pate Choux) and piping skills, with recipes that include Blackcurrant and Liquorice Religieuse, The Perfect Chocolate Eclair, Apple Crumble and Custard Caramel Eclairs.
3. Tarts includes techniques for sweet shortcrust pastry (Pate Sucree) and recipes that include Tarte au Citron; Mango, Milk Chocolate and Salt Caramel Tart; and Strawberry, Pink Peppercorn, and White Chocolate Tart.
4. Gateaux/Entremet are the exquisite assembled pastries that we first think of as patisserie. There are lessons for Genoise Sponge, Mousse, and how to layer and build cakes in frames. Recipes include Green Tea, Lemon and White Chocolate Mousse Delice; Volcano Cake; and Raspberry and Pistachio Mousse Cake.
5. Petits Fours and Other Small Cakes is for such little bites as Madeleines (honey and lavender), Canele, Tuiles and French Butter Cookies.
Two final sections focus on fillings and icings, and decorating and presentation. The techniques explained include tempering chocolate and working with caramel. There is also information on how to make cake boards, stands and boxes.
Hvis denne bog ikke er noget for dig, kan du benytte kategorierne nedenfor til at finde andre titler. Klik på en kategori for at se lignende bøger.