Excerpt from History of Hastings Castle, Vol. 2: The Castlery, Rape and Battle of Hastings, to Which Is Added a History of the Collegiate Church Within the Castle, and Its Prebends
Mr. Herbert remarks, describing the Church in 1824, that, The roof is ceiled, and the ¿oor well... -paved with tiles. It has a gallery at the western end of the nave. In 1779 the eastern end of the Chancel, with the wainscot in it, as also the roof, are spoken of by Sir William Burrell (who visited it in that year) as wanting repair, but they have since been amended. Dedicated to St.
About the Publisher
Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com
This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art technology to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
Hvis denne bog ikke er noget for dig, kan du benytte kategorierne nedenfor til at finde andre titler. Klik på en kategori for at se lignende bøger.