The major purpose of this book is to help students improve their school behavior. The activities described in the book cover six major areas. Briefly described they are:
1. Developing better communication skills through accurate perception, listening, and paraphrasing; <... br/>
2. Learning how to cooperate with others through consensus in order to achieve appropriate goals;
3. Acquiring a better understanding of oneself and one’s needs through giving and getting feedback;
4. Learning appropriate methods of self-disclosure of one’s needs and desires;
5. Learning how to deal with conflicts in an appropriate manner in order to achieve a desired end;
6. Developing problem solving skills related to the student’s values and legitimate goals.
The target audience for this book would be educators working with students in high school and middle school. These activities can be used in the classroom setting. While the focus of the book is helping behavior problem students, the exercises can be used with any group that wants to develop skills in these areas.
The book contains an introduction describing the nature of the problem, goals, and the need for the group approach, and 21 group activities related to the six areas mentioned above. A student evaluation of the group activities completes the program.
Hvis denne bog ikke er noget for dig, kan du benytte kategorierne nedenfor til at finde andre titler. Klik på en kategori for at se lignende bøger.