Assessment in adapted physical education is not a simple task. Variables in assessment instruments and in the administration and interpretation of tests can sometimes generate more questions than answers.
That's why special education and adapted physical activity teachers have come to rely on Developmental and Adapted Physical Activity Assessment.
Now in its second edition, this is the one of the only textbooks that focuses solely on assessment, providing valuable and in-depth clarity, guidance, and understanding in the principles and practical applications of assessment.
Thorough Examination of the Assessment Process
Developmental and Adapted Physical Activity Assessment details the assessment process, explains how to use assessment data when making programming decisions, and reviews specific assessment tools for adapted physical educators and physical therapists. It describes assessment concepts and procedures and provides the information teachers need to accurately assess their students with disabilities.
Written by four of the most experienced and trusted specialists in adapted physical activity, Developmental and Adapted Physical Activity Assessment
- walks you systematically through the assessment cycle from beginning to end, providing accountability for all involved;
- helps you assess the whole student--including social, affective, physical, and cognitive domains--to spur development to its fullest potential;
- compares and contrasts existing assessment tools;
- offers in-depth case studies in each chapter to reinforce and enhance understanding of real-world challenges; and
- includes appendixes with sample write-ups of different assessments.
The case studies present assessment problems that focus on real-life situations that teachers encounter daily. These case studies will help teachers learn how to identify which test to use and why. In addition, each chapter supplies key terms, key concepts, and review questions.
New to This Edition
The authors have updated all the chapters to reflect the latest research, regulations, and standards--all information in the text adheres to the newest National Standards for K-12 Physical Education. The updates also emphasize the decisions made in the assessment process and articulate the rationale behind educational decisions. Updated reviews of specific assessment tools emphasize key points where needed and reflect new information based on the most recent versions of the tests.
In addition, Developmental and Adapted Physical Activity Assessment offers the following:
- A new chapter on assessing sensory function and cognition
- New information about concussions (one of the most common issues that physical educators encounter) and how to assess them
- A new web resource featuring digital versions of the assessment forms in the book and links to assessment tools, with suggestions for their use
- A new glossary to help with the understanding and study of terms
Guide to Multiple Assessments
This text will guide teachers in developing written recommendations regarding placemennt and instructional programming for
- motor development and motor skill performance,
- physical fitness,
- sensory function and cognition,
- posture and gait, and
- behavior and social competencies.
Developmental and Adapted Physical Activity Assessment helps teachers know what tests to use on what people, how to administer the tests, how to interpret the results, and how to plan appropriately for their students.
Vis mereVis mindre
Vis mereVis mindre
Vis mereVis mindre
Hvis denne bog ikke er noget for dig, kan du benytte kategorierne nedenfor til at finde andre titler. Klik på en kategori for at se lignende bøger.