Based on the book of Psalms, Deliver Us addresses difficult and life-harrowing situations, and offers encouragement on how to get through them. In true Michele Howe style, this book includes thirty chapters composed of real-life accounts, Take-Away Action Thoughts, prayers, and insights for when times are dark.
How does one survive a financial crisis? What hope is there for people living with chronic pain? How can couples cope with marital impasses? Each of these true stories is then paired with a specific psalm that communicates the resolve to trust in God's faithfulness and rescue.
The pairing of these dire-straits situations with a powerfully redemptive psalm offers substantive hope and encouragement in spite of these heartrending experiences.
Key points and features:
Provides profound guidance and hope through true stories and psalms.Includes an essay focusing on the specific chapter topic.Includes a Take-Away Action Thought for further application.Provides prayers and suggestions for how to use psalms.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. Enduring the Valley of Depression
2. Loving a Prodigal Child
3. Overcoming Impossible Marital Impasses
4. Living with Chronic Pain
5. Being Purposeful in Spite of Joblessness
6. Surviving a Financial Crisis
7. Finding Comfort and Solace in the Midst of Loneliness
8. Making Peace with Unanswered Prayer
9. Living with Addiction
10. Healing After Divorce
11. Finding Contentment in Childlessness
12. Staying Hopeful Though Life-Weary and Exhausted
13. Trusting a Just God after Being Victimized
14. Choosing Forgiveness When Wronged
15. Thriving after the Loss of a Spouse
16. Giving Our Reputation to God
17. Living as an Orphan
18. Caregiving a Formerly Neglectful Parent
19. Fighting a Recurring Battle with Cancer
20. Aging with Grace and Dignity
21. Finding Rest in God Alone
22. Creating Healthy Boundaries with Ungodly Family Members
23. Finding a Church Family after a Church Split
24. Leaning on God for the Stamina to Raise a Grandchild
25. Giving a Lifelong Dream Back to God
26. Loving a Spouse Who Is Unloving
27. Telling the Truth When a Lie Would Be Easier
28. Learning Godly Contentment No Matter What
29. Embracing God's Plan of Suffering with Grace
30. Holding Jesus Dearer Than Anything Else on Earth
Vis mereVis mindre
Vis mereVis mindre
Hvis denne bog ikke er noget for dig, kan du benytte kategorierne nedenfor til at finde andre titler. Klik på en kategori for at se lignende bøger.