Are you an emotionally intelligent teacher who engages your students in learning? Because teaching behaviors and personalities can affect student achievement, teachers who develop their emotional awareness and interpersonal skills are better able to manage their classrooms and promote student success.
Based on Daniel Goleman’s five components of emotional intelligence, this guide shows how self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, social awareness, and relationship management can help teachers increase their effectiveness in the classroom. The authors provide research, case studies, and essential tools that help teachers to:
· Understand how their conscious and unconscious behaviors affect the learning environment
· Refine their verbal and nonverbal communication skills
· Manage their feelings and frustrations
· Interpret student behaviors, developing insight into how students perceive their teaching styles
· Hone their presentation skills
Becoming an Emotionally Intelligent Teacher includes practical activities and exercises that are perfect for enhancing your emotional intelligence independently or as part of a professional development opportunity.
Helps teachers develop their emotional awareness and interpersonal skills to increase effectiveness in the classroom, prodiving research, case studies, and tools to boost one's self-awareness, motivation, and relationship managment skills.
Hvis denne bog ikke er noget for dig, kan du benytte kategorierne nedenfor til at finde andre titler. Klik på en kategori for at se lignende bøger.