A Cultural History of Theatre presents an authoritative survey from ancient times to the present. The set of six volumes covers a span of 2,500 years, tracing the complexity of the interactions between theatre and culture.
1. A Cultural History of Theatre in Antiquity (500 B... C - 1000 AD)
2. A Cultural History of Theatre in the Middle Ages (1000 - 1400)
3. A Cultural History of Theatre in the Early Modern Age (1400 - 1650)
4. A Cultural History of Theatre in the Age of Enlightenment (1650 - 1800)
5. A Cultural History of Theatre in the Age of Empire (1800 - 1920)
6. A Cultural History of Theatre in the Modern Age (1920 - 2000+)
Each volume discusses the same themes in its chapters:
1. Institutional Frameworks
2. Social Functions
3. Sexuality and Gender
4. The Environment of Theatre
7. Communities of Production
8. Repertoire and Genres
9. Technologies of Performance
10. Knowledge Transmission: Media and Memory
This structure offers readers a broad overview of a period within each volume or the opportunity to follow a theme through history by reading the relevant chapter across volumes.
Generously illustrated, the full six-volume set combines to present the most authoritative and comprehensive survey available on theatre in history.
Hvis denne bog ikke er noget for dig, kan du benytte kategorierne nedenfor til at finde andre titler. Klik på en kategori for at se lignende bøger.